Now seeking volunteers who are eager to help change the world
Changemaker Central Liaison INTERN Overview
The Million Dollar Teacher Project is a non-profit organization that’s mission is to empower teachers. Beginning recognition and support, our long-term objective is to raise compensation for teachers. At MDTP we believe that “to create amazing students, we need amazing teachers” and we want to be a driving force behind supporting and retaining great educators. We are seeking hardworking, passionate volunteers who are looking to grow and develop personally and professionally, all while making an impact on their community.
- Manage our special event operations/logistics that we conduct in partnership with Changemaker Central
- Volunteer recruitment
- Assist MDTP with creating partnerships across ASU to support the expansion of our work in the Tempe area
- Be present in Changemaker Central during MDTP scheduled office hours
- Be a program ambassador for MDTP on the ASU campus
- Participate in staff meetings
- Other duties as assigned
What you should expect
- Valuable experience that easily translates to any career path
- Exposure to all different aspects of what it takes to run an organization.
- From marketing to strategy development you will be involved in all components of business operations.
- A variety of leadership opportunities!
- A chance to be a part of major decisions that impact the company.
- Measurable results that can be displayed and proven to future employers.
- A recommendation from a well-respected business owner and community activist
- Can be a letter of recommendation or highlight on website.
- Feature on our site will be something you can take with you to any job.
- Opportunities to network and form long-lasting relationships
- We partner with businesses in all kinds of industries – from music industry to city governments, there are PLENTY of networking opportunities!
- You will get to form long-lasting professional relationships that are priceless for young professionals.
- Sense of accomplishment and pride knowing what you do makes an impact!
- Help improve your community and your resume at the same time.
- Feeling of accomplishment/pride knowing you were a part of something bigger!
- A fun, collaborative environment that plays to individual strengths
- We all are working towards the same goal and as a result everyone is passionate and involved
- FLEXIBLE opportunities to contribute that work with any schedule
- Most of our events involve free food!
- At MDTP the advancement of others is our mission!
- From our CEO to our newest volunteer, the MDTP family constantly helps each other grow and develop – both personally, and professionally!
- 10 – 15 hours per week
- Monday – Friday
- Flexible schedule
- 3.0, Communications, Marketing, Human Resources or Business Majors preferred